Use These Process Automation Tools - Get More Work Done Faster
While process automation has been around for quite a while in the manufacturing industry, the use of automation in the office is much more recent. Moreover, the scope and intelligence of Business Process Automation (BPA) tools is increasing and look to be this year’s go-to tool for offices that want to complete more routine office tasks in less time with fewer employees.
Business process automation tools are used to automate disparate tasks that used to require human interaction and close attention to detail; they are a particularly elegant solution for any tasks that have traditionally been at the mercy of highly detailed “paperwork,” such as:
- Processing incoming emails and extracting necessary data
- Accounts payable processing, approvals and payments
- Completing web forms for you using your guidelines
- Extracting and processing data from forms
- Batch processing large numbers of transactions
- Finding and extracting specific information from unstructured data
- Compiling reports using extracted data from various information systems
- Managing inventory while tracking purchases, shipping statuses and billing
- Streamlining hiring and admissions processes
- Researching databases
- Building a paperless workflow
- And more
Business Process Automation Benefits
Automation is highly relevant in world where everything cries out for attention. By automating routine business processes, employees are better able to focus on tasks that require intelligent thought, problem solving and creativity – the kinds of activities that move business enterprises forward. Therefore, automation will remain relevant, and will become increasingly necessary for enterprises that want to succeed. Here are some of the benefits of BPA:
- Reduce/eliminate manual processes
- Reduce/eliminate human error in critical data-entry routines and back-office tasks
- Speed the execution of customer facing processes, thereby improving customer experience
- Provide information transparency and individual accountability for tasks and responsibilities.
BPA tools not only perform tasks faster than humans can, while eliminating human error, they also Integrate with standard business applications quickly and easily.
BPA is one of the lowest cost, highest ROI improvements you can make to your business processes.
Definitions You Should Know
Business Process Automation (BPA), Intelligent Automation (IA) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) are buzzwords for automating business processes, but they can be confusing in scope and functionality.
- BPA refers to the use of technology (such as workflow, RPA, and IA) to automate business processes. It includes the routing of information from step-to-step and automatic processing of tasks.
- RPA (Robotic Process Automation)Technology consists of simple automation using software robots or “bots” to automate any suitable pre-defined process.
- IA (Intelligent Automation) Technology consists of smart automation of complex business processes encompassing RPA, workflow, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processors
Our Automation Tools come in Three Varieties
- Automation Manager
Wish your employees didn’t take vacations or use lunch breaks? Want to free your staff from manual, repetitive tasks? The Paper Alternative Automation Manager allows you to create an electronic “user” who logs into your applications to perform tasks that were previously done by human users—and he works nonstop! For example, your “bot” can perform data entry, complete research, or compare information between two systems to flag irregularities. The possibilities are endless, just let us know what you’re working on and we’ll help you get it setup!
- Integration Manager
If you don’t need to automate tasks but do want to easily share information back and forth between applications, the Paper Alternative Integration Manager is for you. This tool allows you to pull images from your repository into your line-of-business (LOB) application as well as update index information for those images on-the-fly without switching back and forth between applications. In addition, you can pass information from your document management application to your LOB application and vice versa, which saves you from hand-keying information multiple times in multiple systems. You can even upload new files and images to your repository directly from the LOB application.
- Integration Definitions
Just want to retrieve and display a document associated with a record in LOB application? Paper Alternative Integration Definitions make it point-and-click easy to “image enable” any line-of-business application. For example, you can pull a copy of a scanned invoice to compare to the transaction record in your accounting application using hotkeys or the clipboard.
Would you like to automate your Business processes but worry that doing so may force you to eliminate your employees’ jobs? Do stats like, “RPA tools are 65% less expensive than full-time employees “or “each robot replaces 3-5 workers,” prevent you from examining options for “going digital?”
Don’t worry! Most industry analysts and business leaders don’t think Robotic Process Automation (RPA) will hurt the workforce. In fact, many believe it will have the opposite effect.
Deloitte analysts explain, “Increased automation of tasks does not necessarily lead to loss of jobs—workforce augmentation, rather than replacement, may be a more likely outcome. By freeing up a person’s time, employees can now focus on more advanced and engaging tasks, and over time organizations could see lower turnover, higher morale, and increased internal innovation.”
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to automate your business processes!